ASTRA – Central and Eastern European Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights is a regional informal network created in December 1999 by women’s rights organizations and activists from Central and Eastern Europe. Currently ASTRA consists of 42 organizations from 21 countries. ASTRA advocates for the full implementation of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) with special focus on specific reality of SRHR of women in Central and Eastern Europe.
ASTRA aims at the prioritization of SRHR on international, regional and national agendas, in particular in the EU and UN institutions. The Network works towards transforming gender power relations in society so that women, girls, men and boys can enjoy their sexual and reproductive rights, and are equal, free and live in dignity.
1. Advocating for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the context of international and regional conferences, meetings and public events;
2. ASTRA members participate as experts, speakers and delegates in various international conferences and events;
3. Organizing trainings and capacity building workshops for its members and representatives of the region;
4. Preparing open letters and position statements to the EU and UN officials;
5. Publishing reports, factsheets, brochures, leaflets and other advocacy materials;
6. Preparing a monthly bulletin with the latest news and development from the regional and global perspective.