AWID invites all interested to join an online conversation on the advances of fundamentalist and fascist forces across the region.
Join us on Thursday as we discuss:
– How are anti-right forces operating in Eastern Europe? How are they gaining support?
– What are the impacts on gender justice and human rights in the region?
– What does collective resistance look like?
Thursday 6th September
13:00-14:30 – CET (Central European Time)
Register for the webinar here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8162384391129336834
Join the conversation with:
– Olena Shevchenko, Ukraine: human rights defender and educator focusing on LGBT rights and women’s rights.
– Florin Buhuceanu, Romania: human rights activist working at the intersection between LGBT rights, sexual and reproductive rights, and freedom of religion.
– Marta Szostak, Poland: network Coordinator of ASTRA – Central and Eastern European network for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Moderator: Kasia Staszewska: coordinator of the Resourcing Feminist Movements initiative at AWID, based in Poland.
This is the third webinar of the #RightsAtRisk series, discussing the findings of the Rights at Risk report from the Observatory on the Universality of Rights (OURs), as they relate to our collective resistance at the local and international levels.
To learn more about anti-rights trends in Eastern Europe, and share your own insights, register to join the conversation.